A majority of customers find influencers as trustworthy brand endorsers, but most of them don’t have the clear concept of Influencer Content Whitelisting. They perceive influencers as more authentic and more careful before presenting a brand on their page. This trend has led to brands connecting with influencers to market their products and services. There are many crucial points that influencers should know and one of the emerging strategies to do that is influencer whitelisting.
Influencer content whitelisting is the process where influencers and content creators allow brands to advertise on their social media accounts. It combines the best of influencer storytelling and paid social advertising to create one high-performing acquisition channel. This process makes brands work with good influencers to connect with the audience they captivate through art. For instance, if an influencer X wants to get paid through ads, they grant their social platform access like Instagram or Facebook to companies. This is done only after the influencer gives consent through online business managers so that advertisers can run dark posts or paid ads.
Why do brands use Influencer Content Whitelisting Strategy?
Through whitelisting, brands tap into the creative atmosphere of influencers to present their brand image in a way that they connect with potential customers. There are many benefits to this.
- Brands can amplify original content for their marketing and promotional campaigns. They can make a deal structure where they use the influencer’s content and repurpose it across distribution channels.
- Brands can also create their fan following by impressing the influencer’s audience first. It is an excellent method to attract new customers.
- Brands can gain consumer attention by testing a lot of content. The brand’s creativity along with the influencer’s creativity enables best media practices among audiences.
- Brands gain the control of targeting a particular audience by applying media strategies. This is easier for the influencer also as he is not the only one to work from your end. This is because some posts instead of coming from influencers themselves, come from the brand through his social page.
There is also a learning process involved as brands learn from influencers how original posts work and how variations in content attract more customers. Through whitelisting, brands can also keep track of their reach where they can compare frequency, engagement, impressions on posts, and conversion rates. This helps understand how extracting favor from whitelisting agreements is beneficial.
Why do Influencers use Influencer Content Whitelisting Strategy?
Brands can benefit from keeping whitelisting partnerships. However, even influencers gain immensely from influencer content whitelisting.
- Influencers have a great chance to improve their audience reach along with the brands. Since they get additional content and create additional advertisements, they practice different variations of posts. This helps them grow their creativity in the long run.
- As whitelisting gives a sudden rise in the number of posts, influencers get a lot more engagement than they were getting previously. More people engage with influencers as an audience outside their following also sees the brand’s advertisements.
- Brand posts are attractive so that consumers come to try the products and services offered. This can help increase the visibility of the influencer as they can easily create a larger fan following through brands.
- Apart from just growth, brands and influencer get a long-lasting relationship. A good professional relationship can benefit both of them later even when they are not engaged together. Brands can help with potential clients for influencers and influencers can recommend others to seek the brand’s marketing campaign.
Best platforms for social media influencers like Facebook and Instagram provide efficient working of whitelisting strategies. They have simple terms and conditions that can be followed by both influencers and brands. Both generally practice these strategies on such platforms to remove the complications of untrustworthy platforms.
Limitations of Influencer Content Whitelisting:
Since influencer content whitelisting is recently being used and has no previous source of comparison, it comes with its fair share of disadvantages. Both influencers and brands are looking for ways to generate content for their purposes. This is why both should be clear with the downfalls of using such partnerships to prevent any rifts in the future.
The whole process of getting permissions for whitelisting can become tedious. The influencer has to create a business profile instead of just a creator profile for whitelisting. He should then grant permissions through apps to these brands. The whole process takes a little time as even the social media platforms have some policies in place. This is why it is safer to implement whitelisting only on the best platforms for social media influencers.
Also, proper contracts have to be prepared so that the work environment and strategies are clear. Poorly written contracts can’t give clear guidance on permissions terms. This should be avoided to prevent disagreements and lawsuits.
Information asymmetry can also occur between brands and influencers. The brand might be wanting to just post ads through the influencer’s account but he might not be willing to do so. Also, since brands get full access to their accounts, the influencer’s control can diminish and his identity might be threatened.
It is true that both brands and influencers gain from whitelisting partnerships. While brands might get more customers and thus increase sales, influencers might increase their creativity and fan following in the process. By using tactics like video content, static posts, and even increasing advertisement run time can boost the effects of influencer whitelisting. Apart from that, content should show genuineness and attract consumers based on good quality content.
The value of influencer marketing is not only their distribution channel but also the audience they capture and the ability to create content. This is why a lot of influencers build their following by creating engaging content. By using such techniques, brands can have a great return on investment and influencers can get major visibility.
That being said, both of them should have the same visions and goals in mind. Finding the right influencers that can passionately promote a brand is important for better results. On the other hand, even influencers should engage with brands having a good reputation and this is one of the most important tips to become successful influencers. You don’t want to spoil your hard work or social image just because you worked with a tarnished brand. Whitelisting which is done right can become an excellent marketing strategy that can help brands increase their impact.